Wednesday, January 13, 2010

With All My Heart

Sorry this is kind of late again. I haven't not had a very good morning. I didn't wake up and get to work until like 10 AM. I was up late last night working on some angel swap cards. I got word yesterday morning that at least 2 swaps were missing from a swap I'm participating in and I like to try to help people out and make sure their swaps are full. So off to work I went. Here is one of the cards that I designed and made 12 of in an hour and a half. Again, I had every intent of casing something, but again this does not look like what I had in mind or the card I was casing. Is this a sign of my ADD coming out? Anyways, I used With All My Heart stamp set from the occassions mini. The colors are Taken with Teal, So Saffron, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, and Pumpkin Pie. I also used the Sweet Pea DSP, SAB edge punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Pumpkin Circle Rhinestone, and Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon.

I am going to try something new with my blog and include everything (I hope) you need to know to recreate the cards that I share with you. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The dimensions are as follows (in inches):
DSP:  3.75 x 4
Whisper White: Background is 4 x 5.25; Stamped image piece: 2.25 x 2.25
Pumpkin Pie: 2.5 x 2.5
So Saffron: 2.75 x 3.5; Scrap for punched flower
Chocolate Chip: 5.5 x 11, folded in half

Directions:
1. Cut the the cardstock as indicated above.
2. Using the edge punch, punch the bottom edge of the DSP. Do the same with the So Saffron.
3. Adhere the DSP to the Whisper White.
4. Using the DSP as a guide, stamp the "Friend" image on the Whisper White cardstock in Taken with Teal ink.
5. Stamp the flower image on the smaller piece of Whisper White in Pumpkin Pie ink.
6. Using the scrap of punch the meduim sized flower in the Boho Blossoms punch.
7. Adhere flower to the center of the stamped image and insert the brad through the center.
8. Mat the stamped image with the Pumpkin Pie cardstock and then the So Saffron cardstock.
9. Cut a peice of the taffeta ribbon long enough to wrap arount the So Saffron cardstock and tie a bow or knot, as desired. Attach to cardstock.
10. Attached the stamped image and layers to the Whisper White background.
11. Attached the Whisper White to the folded Chocolate cardstock.
12. ENJOY!


1 comment:

ThreadCatcher said...

I like having all the information on how to CASE your card. The measurements in particular are helpful to me. Thanks for sharing.