Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Heart Tutorials


Here is another variation of the layout that I shared with you yesterday. Is it bad when I rather design a new card than clean up my scrap area to find the embosslit heart that I need to complete the cards that I already prepped? Well that's what I did for this card. Remember this card here? Well I have all the peices cut and assembled to make 6 of these for a swap, all I have left to do is cut out the three embosslit hearts and I can't find my embosslit heart. If you saw my desk, you'd understand why. Well, I really wasn't feeling like cleaning so I decided to create a new card instead, using the punched heart from the other card.  This card uses Sweet Pea DSP, Taken with Teal (2" x 2", 5.5" x 8.5" folded in half, 3.75" x 0.75), Pumpkin Pie (2.25" x 2.25"), Whisper White (2.5" x 2.5", 4" x 5.25", scrap for heart).

Now, as promised, here are the steps I took to cut the DSP for this layout. I gave the measurements yesterday, but I will repeat here again. The trickest part is making sure the triangles lay in the right directions when cutting and what sides you want up. I went through several pieces of paper before I got it right.

1. Cut two different designs of DSP into 3.75" x 4" rectangles, one will be the upper right hand triangle and the other will be the lower left hand triangle.
2. Now, place the rectangle in the cutter as shown here. Be sure to have the side you want shown up and the longer edge vertical. Place the upper left hand corner on the inch marker and the lower right hand corner on the cut line. This will result in 4 different pieces, but you will only use 2 of them, one of each of design.

3. Now take the triangle that will be in the upper right hand corner and turn it over. You will then cut the small triangle from this. Once you have the back side up, line the paper up as shown below. You will be cutting off an inch from the 4" side of the triangle.

4. Now to cut the small triangle, cut a rectangle 1" x 1.5". Then place this in the cutter as shown below and cut in half. If you are using double sided paper and place it as shown, you will want the front side up.


5. Now you have all the pieces cut and can adhere them to the 3.75" x 5.25" peice of cardstock and finish off the bottom strip as desired.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: