Friday, January 22, 2010

Birthday Share

Well I'm on the road to go get TC, but here is one of the cards that I worked on yesterday in my mad dash to finishing up my swaps. Of course I had to pick a (more) complicated design for the card that I had to make the most of (17). I used Party Hearty for the stamp set. And yes, that's my shadow again in the picture.


The dimensions are a little trickier for this one, given all the paper piercing, so I will give you the dimensions I used initially (but beware I have a lot of leftovers). I did find a maybe more efficient way to cut the pieces, but I haven't tested it yet. The two larger pieces of DSP (Thoroughly Modern) are cut from 3.75" x 4" rectangles, the small corner DSP(also Thoroughly Modern) is a triangle cut from a 1" x 1.25" rectangle, the Bermuda Bay strip is 0.5" x 3.75" and the Soft Suede strip is 0.75" x 3.75".  The image is stamped on a piece of 2" x 2.25" Whisper White and the other layers increment by 0.25".
Tomorrow I will have a tutorial of sorts of cutting the pieces, so stay tuned!

No comments: