Monday, January 4, 2010

Sneak Peak

Today I'm sharing with you a card that I made for a swap and the thought process that went behind its creation. I blurf (blog surf) on a daily basis and save the samples that I like and want to CASE. I do not always save who originally created them, so if you see something that you originally created, feel free to leave a comment and a link back to your original work. I by no means mean to take credit for something that I did not create.

Anyways, the story of the following card. First, the sample that I found and planned to CASE is as follows.



I knew that I wanted to make a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card instead of the square, I did not have the saying and planned to substitute maybe something from Define Your Life, and finally I knew that I was going to be mass producing this card for a swap and did not have enough of the DSP used (especially the butterfly one) for the 12 cards. First, I picked the DSP that I was going to use. I wanted to use the Sweet Pea paper and colors that went together. From there I picked the colors of my cardstock to be used. Finally, I went to my Defining Life stamp set to find the perfect definition. And the creating began. Here is what I finally ended up with. It does not look at all like what I originally planned and I worried that it was too busy, what do you think?




Finally, since I used brads, it qualifies for the LNS challenge too.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: