Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Kwanzaa!

As I mentioned before, I am working with From Our Hearts (see button on side bar) and the local girl scouts to make about 1200 holiday cards for the troops. The event is on Sunday from 1 to 5 PM at the Champlin VFW and over the next couple of days I will be showing the cards that Laurie (fellow demonstrator) and I created. Some of them do use retired cardstock, but could be easily be replaced with current colors. The first one I'm going to show is a Kwanzaa card that I created using the Happy Kwanzaa stamp set. I am not very familiar with Kwanzaa, but I hope this card does it justice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Paper: Crushed Curry, Real Red, Basic Black, Glorious Green (I know the picture does not show these colors very well). Ink: Basic Black, Real Red.

No comments: