Friday, October 16, 2009

Shaving Cream Technique

I participated in a Technique page swap, where everyone does a 6x6 page with the instructions and a sample of a technique. The technique I did was the shaving cream technique. And since I was making samples for the pages, I figured I might as well make some extra to make some cards with too. Here is the card that I copied. It used Punch Pals, Rich Razzleberry, Gold, and Always Artichoke (I beleive) cardstock.


My version also used Punch Pals and Rich Razzleberry, but I also used the shaving cream technique and Basic Grey cardstock. Additionally, I used the ribbon instead of strips of paper. here is my take.



And now the shaving cream technique.
1. Spray shaving cream onto a pan, spread it out to ensure it will cover the size of paper you are using.
2. Add a few drops of a few colors of reinkers. (I used Basic Black craft and Rich Razzleberry classic refills.)
3. Swirl the color into the shaving cream with a fork.
4. Lay Whisper White cardstock into mixture.
5. Pull cardstock out of mixture and wipe of excess shaving cream.
6. Use pattern paper as desired.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: