Saturday, February 19, 2011

Eat Chocolate and a Quick Tutorial

Here is a card that I made using Eat Chocolate. The colors are Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, and Early Expresso. It is a CASE of a swap I received.


I originally was going to make it as one of my swaps for the Minneapolis Regionals, but I ran out of time with all the favors I had to made. At first, I thought I was crazy for attempting to cut out all those cupcakes, but I came up with a little trick to cut them out fast. So as promised yesterday, here is how I did it.

First I colored the cupcakes as desired and stamped. Since I was only using Pretty in Pink and Early Expresso here, I inked the image up in Pretty in Pink and then took my Early Expresso and colored over the portions that I wanted Early Expresso. Note, this would not work for the cupcakes I showed yesterday. I  then took my 1/2" circle punch and punched out each cupcake, making sure the top of the cupcake lined up with the punch. I hope you can see this is the picture below. Apparently I'm not very good at taking pictures of myself trying to work, sorry about the blurriness.


Then, I took my paper snips and made three straight cuts. One along each side and one along the bottom.


And you then have your cupcake all cut out and can adhere to your project as desired.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found that quick tutorial helpful.

2 comments:

Jan Hoyt said...

great idea to use the little punch on the cupcakes...thanks for sharing that! I have been trying to stamp in Espresso then use the blender pens to clean off the ink from the cupcake icing and re-inking it with another color. This would be SO much easier! Thanks!

Grandma Jan said...

Great card. Love the colors and great instructions.