Monday, March 29, 2010

Scrapbook Share Part 1

Over the next two days, I'm going to be sharing you a scrapbook that I made my dad for Christmas. I took the pictures while the pages were in the sleeves (I had a hard time getting them in and forgot to take pictures beforehand), so there is some reflection and the quality isn't the best. All supplies were Stampin' Up! but I did use a non-SU product to make the titles.

One of my friends offers a "Have it Your Way" class, where she designs layouts and using whatever papers we choose we make the pages. She did an album class, which is what these are from. I used the Thoroughly Modern DSP and the coordinating cardstock colors: Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay, Rose Red, Soft Suede and Whisper White.  You will notice that I'm not very good at journalling, so I'll try to give some background information.

This is of a trip that I took with my dad and aunt (my dad's sister) to Steamboat Springs, CO, last August. He was diagnosed with liver and lymphnode cancer that metastasised from his colon 2 years ago, last February. At that time he was given 6 months to 2 years to live. He is still with us, but now on Hospice and doesn't have much more time. Anyways, I wanted to take my dad on one last trip before he couldn't travel anymore and this is where we ended. Two factors played into the location, flights to Denver were very reasonable and my then boyfriend (now fiance) is part of a timeshare-like program where he purchases points to be used a various resorts and it just so happened that Steamboat Springs had one of these resorts. So we were able to use some of the points for a place to stay.

Here is the coverpage, which is just a picture of the three of us in front of some falls we saw, along with the location and date.


This next page shows the car that we rented to drive from Denver to Colorado Springs. The journalling on this page tells about the car I upgraded to (a hardtop convertible) and the first souvenior I received from Colorado Springs (a speeding ticket).


The final page I'm going to share with you today is of the condo that we stayed at using TC points.

No comments: