Friday, July 9, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Wow, where did the week go? I'm so sorry that I haven't updated my blog since Monday! I've been so busy trying to design and then mass produce my swaps for convention that I haven't really created any new cards. I will be scheduling my swaps to be posted while I'm at convention, so I don't spoil the surprise for those of you actually there. Anyways, I digress. It's Friday, so that means it Sketch Frenzy! First, here is the sketch.


And here is my card. This is not at all what I imaged when I first started, but I think I like the outcome. I used Cute by the Inch, Dot, Dot, Dot, and Apple Blossoms. The colors are Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso, and Whisper White. The layer directly behind the small square isn't what you probably think it is. I'm guessing you're thinking is the new punch that Stampin' Up! released to go with this set. Well, no I haven't ordered that one yet (though now I'm kind of wishing that I did), so I improvised by using 1" circles and layering them behind the image.


I know I still owe you a blog candy winner to and I PROMISE that I will post that tomorrow with another new card. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by! And now on to the next blog.

9 comments:

Brenda Taylor said...

Great card, nice trick with the circles, I would have guessed that you had the punch

Pam said...

Great color combination, Tina! Very nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! I LOVE THOSE COLORS! Your card is amazing too! Great job!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Very nice, great colors Tina!! Hope you get those swaps done soon! two weeks to go!

sue grant said...

loveit, love all the new product,

Kelli Waters said...

Very nice, Tina. I love the stamps you used. I'm going to have to grab mine and start creating!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Never thought to use a punch like that..very cute!! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

Love it!
Great colours

Angela Walters said...

Great trick with the circles! I'm going to do that too since I don't have the new punch!